There is direct relationship between hormones and weight loss? Hormones affect weight loss especially your metabolism, where the body stores fat, appetite, and cravings. Hormonal imbalance is the main reason your weight loss goals aren’t reached. This doesn’t mean potato chips, cookies, and soda can be added back to your diet or that skipping the treadmill is acceptable, but if there is an imbalance in your hormones this may be one reason why you are struggling to lose weight.
Pushing the Hormone Reset Button with Food
Hormones are an essential part of how the human body gets energized, collects fat, combats stress and maintains muscle. To reset your hormones you don’t need to spend a lot of money on supplements. Resetting your hormones starts with detoxing the body, avoiding foods, and eating the right foods. The right foods flush the body of toxins where as certain foods cause irritation to the digestive tract which sets your hormones off. Off balanced hormones trigger food cravings and excessive eating. Eating the right foods detox your body. Eat more foods that have a low glycemic index and foods that are high in fiber. Add more foods to your daily meal plan such as bananas, artichokes, raisins, oatmeal, beans, and nuts. In order to properly detox you must be drinking at least 8 cups of water daily. Water helps flush toxins from the liver and body. Avoid foods that have a high glycemic index and foods rich in carbs and sugar. Completely remove foods such as white bread, soda, baked goods, pasta and all processed foods.
Targeting Body Fat in Specific Body Areas
· Reduce stomach fat by eating more spinach, citrus, nuts, beans, and barley.
· Reduce back fat by eating more yogurt, cheese, and milk, lean beef, whole-grains, and green vegetables.
· Reduce buttocks fat by eating more broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, chia, flax and sesame seeds, pomegranates, and red grapes.
Here are 2 quick Hormone Resetting Recipes to start you on your journey:
Goat Yogurt and Blueberry Smoothie
· 1 serving whey protein isolate
· 1/2 cup plain goat yogurt
· 1/2 frozen banana
· 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
· 1 tbsp chia seeds
· 1/2 cup water
Preparation: Combine all the ingredients in a blender and purée on high speed until smooth.
Crispy Chicken and Lettuce Wraps
· 1 small green apple, diced (unpeeled)
· 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
· 1/4 cup diced cucumber
· 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
· 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (approximately 4 to 5 oz each), cooked and diced
· 1/4 cup low fat Greek yogurt
· 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 1 small head of lettuce (4-5 leaves)
Preparation: In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for the lettuce. Chill for 1 hour. Place the chicken mixture inside each lettuce leaf, roll into cylinders and serve.